Thursday, March 19, 2009

Gardening...it keeps going, or is that growing?

Yesterday, I spent the whole day cleaning out flower beds of leaves, old dead flowers and sticks and twigs. This step was suppose to been done in the fall but since, every time I tried to work in the yard this past fall, I would have trouble with my asthma. Anyway it was twice as hard to do it now since before I could have cut down the dead flowers and then raked the leaves and old plants. But now the new stuff is growing in and so I had to cut the old stuff being careful not to cut the new. And the old leaves I have to pick them out by hand. UGGGH. Every time I stuck my hand in the old leaves I kept waiting for some mouse or something to come running out. Nothing happened! Well I did find a tiny little toad. Jeana thought is was great fun to pick up and play with it. No, thank you Jeana I don't want a turn to hold it! Well if it is nice weather tomorrow, I have to finish the yard, I only got about half done, my back yard is big and it took longer than I thought it would. Maybe I will take some pics.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I need to get busy in the yard, but I've enjoyed doing NOTHING all week instead! :)